[C320-list] Anchor well drain

SARA SCHROEDER saras951 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 31 19:33:57 PDT 2020

In the past six months or so there was a post about checking the access ports in the anchor well.  Yesterday I hauled the chain and rode out of the anchor well to check both the windlass access port and the access port that leads into the forepeak area.  While both the ports were fine and dry, I decided to dump a couple of buckets of water in the well to clean out the muck that had accumulated.  In doing so I noticed that the thru hull drain was not draining as quickly as I liked.  I've kept an old antenna off of one of my son's remote controlled cars knowing that that thing would come in handy. It's round, super thin, very flexible and about three feet long.  I poked the thing into the drain plug and while a little more water came out it wasn't enough. I got into the dingy, dumped another bucket of water in the well and poked the thing upwards into the drain.  Whoosh!  Whatever was clogging the drain came out and now there is a wonderful steady flow of water.  Just one more thing to make sure you add to your maintenance checklist!

Lovin' the weather in Seattle.
Sara
Wandering Star
2000/#707