[C320-list] Severe vibration at 1000 RPMs after engine mount replacement

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 09:00:18 PST 2020

Proper engine alignment calls for the coupler faces to be gapped at 90 deg
intervals to confirm that the shaft coupler faces are square to the shafts.
If the gap is not the same at all four intervals, you can never align the
engine and will end up with a vibration at some speed. In my experience
this isn't typically done by yards unless you specify it in your work
order.. Once done, you shouldn't have to redo it unless you remove the
coupler from the shaft.

Fair Winds,
Chris Burti
Commitment #867