[C320-list] Vibration at 1000 RPMs and Perkins Injectors?

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 07:48:07 PST 2020

 If you pull the exhaust elbow, as Jeff mentions, the short wet exhaust hose to the muffler likely will be rigid and need to be cut out and replaced.  Jeff and I both suggest replacing it with the hump hose from Catalina direct Exhaust Hump Hose 2" I.D. x 6" (catalinadirect.com) and the 2 inch fiberglass splice Exhaust Hose Fiberglass Splice for 2" Hose (catalinadirect.com). You also will need a short piece of regular wet exhaust hose and lots of clamps to splice enough hose length together between the exhaust elbow and muffler (even though the total length is I think less than 1 foot total).  Using the hump hose is good to reduce vibration on the inlet fiberglass flange of the muffler.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32) with Perkins M30
Holland, MI