[C320-list] Lightning

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 14:41:12 PST 2020

 I have had two lightning damage claims in the past ten years on my 25 year old boat,  Both while docked.  The first happened while asleep on the boat fortunately as the wiring started burning.   The battery charger and all wiring running to the batteries were melted.  I don't think this was a direct hit as none of the instruments were affected.  The second was a direct hit as all the instruments were blown off the top of the mast and the ones inside were fried along with the charger etc.   In neither case were the batteries or the hull damaged.  Needless to say I have no trouble finding a slip in my marina.