[C320-list] Stove won’t light when cold

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Fri Feb 14 23:50:45 PST 2020

Leonard

First question. Are you sure it’s propane and not butane that has a lower vapour pressure and is mire affected by the cold?

Secondly try taking a flask of hot water from home and pouring it over the tank which will raise the pressure
(We did this when I used to fly hot air balloons on frosty cold mornings)

But it sounds to me that you have a problem with the regulator. At 30f the pressure in the tank should still be about 50psi and the reg reduces that to about 30 for the burner IIRC

See graph here

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=propane+pressure+vs+temperature&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgrc=iuTol_uxi40TTM:

Regards

Graeme