[C320-list] Expired Flare Kits

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Tue Jan 14 11:25:28 PST 2020

I agree with the keeping old ones - however, when it comes to the 12 gauge aerial flares,  I would use the new ones first, then go to the old ones if needed later.

If the old ones are duds and jam in the gun, you now have a jammed gun with an unstable flare in it. Not an ideal situation in a life-threatening emergency situation.

See the blog post below.

https://wherethecoconutsgrow.com/2014/01/are-expired-marine-flares-still-safe/

--
Doug Treff