[C320-list] Ground Bus Bar - Perkins M30 Alternator

Mark Cole boatnboot at me.com
Thu Jul 2 21:25:35 PDT 2020

Jeff;

When I redid the batteries and related wiring on Fiddler’s Green, (1993 with Perkins M30) I installed separate bus bars for both positive and negative cables.  I left the alternator grounded at the bolt on the engine so I didn’t mess up the wiring harness, but ran a cable from that ground bolt to a bus bar in the battery compartment and attached all other negative cables from the batteries and my charger.  Here is a link <https://c320.org/mediagallery/album.php?aid=342&sort=0&page=1> to some photos in my album on the C320 website.

I’ve since added a Balmar SG200 battery monitor and windlass to the bus bars, so they are getting pretty well populated and everything is working great.

Mark Cole
Fiddler’s Green, #8