[C320-list] Raw Water Strainer

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 8 10:39:35 PDT 2020

I once had the water line clog from the through hull to the strainer when I went through some thick patches of vegetation in the Keys.

Not difficult to fix, but rather dramatic with the overheating alarm going off as I was passing through a narrow channel.

I think the main weakness of this strainer is its small size. It doesn’t take much to clog the hose or the strainer itself, for that matter. But it’s the only size that will fit in the space.

I don’t think enough UV could ever reach the strainer to cause it to deteriorate.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.
Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay