[C320-list] Lifeline replacement

Fishbust fishbuster62 at att.net
Thu Jul 9 13:49:07 PDT 2020

I have a 2002 320, hull 902.

My coated lifelines are shot and an eyesore. Been looking into what to do. Dyneema is out. Not sure about the johnson hand crimps, if they are good enough, safe enough. The replacement kits at catalina direct don’t seem right to me. They put the gate at the front of the cockpit. My pelican hooks are aft, which is where I need them to be.

This leaves Suncor kits as a possible.

Seems every option is just under $1,000 to do it.
I could use a rigger, have not priced that out but that takes the fun out of a project anyway.

I would like to know what path others here have eventually followed for new lifelines.

Joe