[C320-list] Lifeline Replacement

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Fri Jul 10 11:59:47 PDT 2020

I just spoke with a gentleman at Catalina Direct about this project because I need to replace mine as well.

They have two kits:

https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/other-catalinas/lifelines-amp-stanchions/lifeline-kit-standard-c-30-c-310-c-320-no-vinyl/
This kit will replace the standard lifelines that attach at the rear pulpit exactly. All cutting and swage tools provided to cut and swage one end of every cable because not all lifeline lengths on all model years are the same.

-and-

https://www.catalinadirect.com/shop-by-boat/other-catalinas/lifelines-amp-stanchions/lifeline-deluxe-kit-c-30-c-310-c-320-no-vinyl/
This kit will retrofit the old style rear pelican hooks and provides additional pieces of hardware that will move the pelican hooks to the stanchion right by the cabin. This gives the added benefit of the lifelines on the forward section of the boat always remaining tight even when the rear section is detached.

No modifications of the pulpit or lifeline stanchions are required for this kit. All additional hardware is included for the retrofit which explains the added cost.

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us