[C320-list] lexan companionway hatch

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:08:14 PDT 2020

This seems to have happened on a few hulls.   I have noticed that if the
interior gets hot enough and the boat is sealed up that sliding hatch cover
will bow up and be hard to move as it will bind against the sea hood.  If
anyone notices white streaking on their hatch cover you can bet this is
happening on your boat too.  I wonder if after enough cycles and an
appropriate imperfection/ding in the glass it just pops a crack?   Since
making better boat curtains and hatch shades, and also buying Zarcor doors
with built in vents I have not noticed this binding.   Can't say for sure
what is really happening on the other boats, but...this is my working
theory for now.

Troy Dunn
Hull#514