[C320-list] Water in the port side locker of frontcabin

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 17:20:45 PDT 2020

 I also had a leak from one leg of the front pulpit that fed a lot of water into my front compartment under the v-berth and then into the bilge area farter aft. That pulpit leg had the wiring for the front running light. This was hard to diagnose/find and was first interpreted as condensation since it was first detected during winter storage.
I was able to ultimately see the leak by removing the front wood cover in the v-berth, squeezing my head under the anchor locker, and looking upward along the side of the locker toward the bow area where the pulpit leg leakage was occurring.
I was able to carefully lift only the problem leg and reseal successfully. Note that these legs are held down by philip head machine screws that threaded into plates or embedded nuts (so you don't need to reach for nuts inside the hull.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 (#32)
Holland, MI