[C320-list] Electric fuel pump for Yanmar

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Wed Jun 3 12:15:22 PDT 2020

Jack,

I am thinking about installing this pump https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=82 <https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=82> to solve recurring fuel issues. I just need to confirm that our fuel lines are 5/16”. The advantage to this pump is that it will allow fuel to flow even if the pump is off, and that it is 12v (the other pump recommended I think said it was 24v). It says it will move 15 GPH at 2 PSI. I plan to wire in a switch that will allow me to turn it on, either to bleed the system or to augment the mechanical lift pump. My plan was to install this just on the tank side of the Racor, not all the way back at the tank. This will allow me to bleed the system after Racor filter changes. The pump is $50 from Pegasus Auto Racing but comes with mounting hardware, inlet filter (5/16”) and outlet hose barb (5/16”).

Do you know if the fuel lines are 5/16”?

I have a Perkins M30 diesel, though I doubt the engine is relevant to the concept.

Jeff
’94, #121