[C320-list] Catalina 320 owners group on Facebook?

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 14:51:51 PDT 2020

I belong to the FB group.   I hate to say it but I'm also not a fan of FB
for the kind of interaction I'm seeking with the list.   The association
has put together a treasure trove of valuable insight into all things C320.
  Creating a separate repository feels like we would be fracturing the
value of the association, and in some weird sort of way a 'betrayal' of all
those who have worked tirelessly to build up the resource we have here.
Honestly that's the reason I've avoided most (all?) of the fix and or
maintain discussions over there...it simply doesn’t feel like the right
spot for me.  Where you went last week, cool photos, sailing vacations,
etc.   Sure...FB all day long, but I don't really think that is what this
list is all about.

Slightly off topic but one that seems apropos and also arises from time to
time, There are certainly much 'better' forum constructs than the list
style format we have, but it would be a real chore for someone to convert
to one of those formats and as others have mentioned in the past perhaps
those bandwidth hogs seem like great ideas until you are floating
helplessly in the middle of a large body of water with one bar of 2G
reception and suddenly you can't find that article on 'emergency starter
repair techniques' you know you read on the list.

As far as opening up to the photos...I dunno...seems like association
members have plenty of album space to post photos and provide direction to
the albums for any articles, questions, etc.   I like being able to
organize photos logically and not having to scan through threads that are
often a wee bit off topic.

Just my 0.02.

Troy Dunn
Hull #514