[C320-list] Rudder Maintenance

Chris White chriswhite252000 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 23:40:29 PDT 2020

 Hi JoeI have re-greased the sealing clamp at the top of the fibreglass tube, but perhaps more important, fitted a stout wire from the exposed section of rudder post to the anode to prevent corrosion.Also, check the wire cables and the wheel at the top of the rudder post. Make sure they are sound and the wires not loose. They are quite easy to tighten or adjust.These items assume you can get into the stern port locker.You will need to remove the cover box in the aft cabin to view the pulleys below the Edson wheel column.
The other thing worth looking at is the emergency tiller.The one supplied with my boat was too long so I shortened it.Hope this helps.
Chris WhiteDandy #449 (1997 model)