[C320-list] Injector torque specs

Michael Leschisin mleschisin at imagestudios.com
Sun Jun 14 07:46:18 PDT 2020

Hey Tim,

I cleaned and serviced my injectors this past winter.  I wasn’t having major issues, but I can tell the engine is running much smoother this spring.

I assume you're asking about the two nuts that are on the back of the nozzle holder ring and hold the injector into the block?
Those get tightened to 14.5 ft-lb.  That seemed like nothing to me, but the diesel shop I was working with said that the torque is that light so you don’t over tighten them and cause distortion to all of those small parts in the pre-combustion chamber (like those new cones).

I have a PDF of the service manual that I could send you if you have an email address that can handle a 15.2mb document.

Hope you’re back on the water soon,

Michael Leschisin
#995, Wild Blue Yonder
Menominee, MI