[C320-list] Engine overheating - problem solved

William Russell wcr6450 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:26:55 PDT 2020

Many thanks to all who offered suggestions about my cooling system problem;
they were very helpful.  After clearing the hoses of impeller pieces,
greasing the new impeller to make sure it primed, making sure there were no
blockages in the heat exchanger, and verifying that there was water flowing
into the HX with the engine running, I removed the hose at the back of the
HX . . . nothing for a few seconds, then voila!  Water spurting through.
Reconnected that hose, and was rewarded with the happy sound of water
coming out the exhaust aperture on the stern.  All good.
As I mentioned in my first post, I was mystified to find major pieces of
impeller between the seacock and the strainer, and just after the
strainer.  How could they possibly have have arrived there?  Any solutions
to that puzzle?
Thanks again.

Bill Russell
"Little Wing," 1998 C-320 #545