[C320-list] Another Rudder Shim Question

Joe Geiger joe.geiger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 09:56:47 PDT 2020

Hi Steve,

Having just done the repair myself you’ll be able to do the deck one in the water but you’ll need to drop the rudder a bit to do the bottom hull one.

I suppose if you had a mask and a way to breath while under water you could probably do the bottom one in the water but it will be easier on the hard. You could also pay for a short haul. It only took about 30 min to drop the rudder about 6 in and install the shim so you could do it in the slings.

I put shims in the top one while in the water last season and it helped but did not entirely eliminate the thud.

Good luck.

Joe
--
Joe Geiger