[C320-list] DOMESTIC EXTENSION CHORDS

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 26 17:10:52 PDT 2020

The marine cords are heavy duty and designed to last for years outdoors with 30 amps or more service. By comparison, your basic Home Depot cord is junk and probably rated for no more than 15 amps. The proof is in your insurance, though. If you have a fire with a cheap cord, good luck collecting. I believe they are classified as unsafe for use on boats by ABYC.Jack BrennanSonas, 1998 Catalina 320Tierra Verde, Fl.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: sail-ability at sympatico.ca Date: 6/26/20  6:57 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at Catalina320.com Subject: [C320-list] DOMESTIC EXTENSION CHORDS Do any of you have experience/knowledge WRT using domestic extension chords for shore power? I don’t think it’s a good idea for many reasons , but not convincing folks here. JohnM1999#574Sent from my iPhone