[C320-list] Heat Exchanger Removal - Perkins M30

appleton1 at yahoo.com appleton1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 06:03:06 PDT 2020

While you’re at it, disconnect the mixing elbow from the exhaust manifold and check for internal rust.
The part is a heavy casting and, unlike those on lesser engines, will not rust through but rather rust internally, to the point that it chokes the engine. The 2-in.-dia. port to the muffler becomes 1/8 in. dia., or smaller!
Ask me how I know...
- Joe Jablonowski
C320 #103