[C320-list] Mast plug

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Wed Mar 18 18:14:05 PDT 2020

> Well, no access anywhere to the mast electrical plug on my
> 320 short of pulling the mast. That's really substandard
> design and work, what I would expect from McGregor, not Catalina.

In all fairness to Catalina, given your boat number it must be at least twenty
years old and Catalina have made improvements over the years. Later C320's
with the Selden mast like mine have an access port near the bottom of the
mast.  It is not inconceivable that a similar hole could be made in earlier
masts as long as it wasn't too large and was made with curved ends rather than
stress inducing square corners.  Perhaps best to ask the rig supplier first
before attempting this though.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141