[C320-list] Hump Hose

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Thu May 7 19:35:49 PDT 2020

To all,

A quick question. I am replacing my wet exhaust hose from my mixing elbow to the muffler. I have read the threads about the hump hose, so I ordered that with the fiberglass connector. Here is my question (that will turn into four). Do I connect the silicon hose directly to the muffler? Or do I connect it to the mixing elbow? Or do I, as I saw one person do, have 2" exhaust hose connected with fiberglass on either side of the hump?

I had planned to connect it directly to the elbow, but after seeing the picture with exhaust hose on either side of the hump, I am now second-guessing myself. Also, Catalina Direct sent approximately 8" of fiberglass rod to use as a connector, which also made me second-guess myself. Of course, I am at the boat (4 hours from home), so I can't access my email folder where I saved all of the exhaust threads. I did search the Association, but did not see anyone address this specific question.

As an aside - I ordered the coolant hose kit from Parts4engines. While I have not started it yet, the hoses are a direct replacement, installed relatively easily, and are 40% of the cost (with shipping) as compared to ordering them through Trans Atlantic Diesel.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Smith
Sailmates
'94, #121