[C320-list] Cleaning water tank

Michael Leschisin mleschisin at imagestudios.com
Mon May 18 12:48:51 PDT 2020

The 320 manual has the steps listed below for cleaning water tanks.

I typically run through this each spring once I’ve rinsed out the antifreeze from winterizing.  I know bleach can be pretty tough on pumps, so I don’t like running the full tank through the boats water pressure pump.  I run a bit of the bleach water into the taps so I know I’m shocking the whole system and then use a drill pump to empty the tank once its sat for the 3 hours.  I then do a couple of solid rinses on each tank before adding the vinegar if needed.  Don’t forget to to check your pump strainer if you have some funk moving though the system.

Sounds like you might want to do a few pre-rinses and pump out with the drill pump if you have a real "science project" going on in them now.

Michael Leschisin
#995, Wild Blue Yonder
Menominee, MI