[C320-list] V-berth hatch gasket replacement

Mark Hagerty mark at thehagertys.org
Fri May 22 13:12:19 PDT 2020

Yes. I purchased Bomar Hatch Gasket Material from Defender for $6.78 per foot. 14 ft will cover both the Vberth and saloon hatches.  I took off the hatch dogs (easy with one screw on each) and pulled the old gaskets off very easily. Used a plastic putty knife to carefully push the gasket under the lip as I worked it in around the frame, you have to be a little careful on the 90 agree bends but it’ll work, then super glued the ends together.  I called Lewmar first and their tech support folks told me to do it exactly this way.