[C320-list] Autohelm depth display flashing zero...sometimes

Kevin Rooney krooney at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:03:18 PDT 2020

Transducer failing?

I have a '95 C320 with the original instruments (so 25 years old now). The
display for the Autohelm depth finder recently began flashing "0:00" for
extended periods, but it works other at other times.

I think this is an ST50 unit.

I'm guessing the transducer is getting ready to go bad but don't really
know. Has anyone dealt with this?

Also, my Autohelm speed display just reads zeroes all the time and has for
a while. I haven't dealt with that because speed over the bottom is
available on my GPS chart plotter. I assume this is unrelated to the depth
meter but don't know for sure.

Does anyone here know about these things? Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Kevin
S/V Cecilia Ann, #211
Deale, MD