[C320-list] Stuffing box

RONALD HODEL ronandgail2 at me.com
Sun Nov 8 05:53:16 PST 2020

Hi Jerry,

IMHO the solution depends on when you last re-packed your shaft gland (stuffing box) I’d either tighten it a bit or change the packing. I don’t get any drips when the shaft is not turning and very little when it is (a drip per minute maybe). If you choose to tighten the gland, you don’t want to tighten it (so tightly) that the shaft doesn’t turn easily, however and you don’t want it to get anywhere near hot to the touch. Others with a temperature gun could probably tell you what they’re reading temperature-wise. Mine is cool to the touch.

At least those are my quick thoughts,
Ron Hodel
#1070 Lokomaikai

Sent from my iPad