[C320-list] Cutless Bearing Project

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 17:41:14 PST 2020

Thanks for the inputs folks.   I was initially just concerned about
scheduling the tools.   I was planning to hit the set screws and prop nuts
with PB blaster a few times starting this weekend and getting those out
and/or loose before getting to the main event.   But darn it all...Jeff's
thoughts on the PSS had me cruising over to the PSS site and wouldn’t ya
know it...6 years is the recommended replacement interval.   Seems like a
conservatively low number to me however I have no idea how old the bellows
is so as much as I wanted to avoid the snowball effect, it's looking like I
need to pull the coupler and at that point I may as well go ahead and
attempt a full alignment, here's hoping all my engine mounts are actually
still in great shape....let the snowball roll.

Off to read the coupler puller manual...yay me!

Cheers

Troy