[C320-list] Cutless Bearing Project

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Thu Nov 12 12:58:54 PST 2020

Troy,

Quick question for you. Why are you pulling the coupler? I disconnected the shaft from the coupler and slid the shaft aft far enough that I could remove the bellows and install the new bellows with the spacer. I am asking my question because I wondered at the time if I needed to go back through an alignment procedure. I decided that I did not because I was simply moving the shaft forward and aft but that it was maintaining the same plane, because I did not mess with any of the engine mounts. Did I err in my thinking? This will be important to me, as I plan to haul out in the spring to paint the bottom. Now I am wondering if I need to check the alignment of my shaft.

Jeff
#121, ‘94