[C320-list] Hurricane!

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 12 11:46:06 PST 2020

Eleven-foot seas in Charlotte Harbor? Yeow. Wouldn’t want to be in that.

Eta was a tropical storm offshore when it hit here, so Tampa Bay had a nasty storm chop, but nothing close to those conditions.

My problem was more a local one. The docks at my townhouse are open to the south-southeast, which is exactly where the bad winds came from. And the storm was huge and slow, so we had something like 10 or 12 straight hours of tropical storm winds bashing our boats from that point.

I’m supposed to get a slip soon at the St. Petersburg Municipal Marina. Can’t wait, even though it means giving up a free slip. The city docks are well protected compared to the ones behind our house.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10