[C320-list] Dinghy Propulsion

Chris Nichols cinichols at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 16 09:22:17 PST 2020

We have a Mercury 320 rib that we ordinary tow with engine on (naughty I know). Engine is mercury 5hp 2cyl 2 stroke and is just enough to get planing with 2 aboard.

We do have Davits but rarely use them due to weight.

Doing it over I’d find a lighter rib eg hyfield and keep the motor which is great (and light for the power).

Chris