[C320-list] Sad News: Frank Butler

Brian McLamb bjcnmclamb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:21:00 PST 2020

Sorry to learn of this loss of a sailing icon and true gentleman.  Fondly
remember my phone conversation with him as the result of a letter I wrote
regarding my experience with obtaining needed parts for the repair of my
first( of 3) Catalina boats. He thanked me for allowing him to know of the
experience, and then making suggestions for improvement from a customer
perspective. This was back when the only factory was in California and East
Coast dealer/customer contact was limited. He then outlined what was in the
works for improving customer service to the East Coast folks.  I love the
way his company supports his product.

Brian McLamb. S/V Serenity #1075

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 5:15 PM Rick Smith <ricksmith4333 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I learned how to sail/race on a C-22 starting in 1976...bought my first
> Catalina in 1977 (a C-15 that I still own!) and have owned our C-320 since
> bought new in 1994 -- it's been a long fun run and lots more on the
> horizon,
> I sure hope!!!
>
> Rick Smith
> Layla #136