[C320-list] EV-100 install on early 320

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 12:39:05 PST 2020

After our second wheel pilot bit the dust, I installed the linear drive and
it is so far superior that there is no real comparison. Silent, steady and
last week was handling 25-30 knot apparent wind effortlessly. In these
conditions, the wheel pilot always kicked out its clutch.

Unlike Jeff, I fabricated my own backing plate out of a piece of scrap 1/8"
stainless plate and polished it... easy enough task.

You should order the rudder arm from Edson and be sure to measure your
rudder post accurately with a digital caliper, they bore it precisely.

Fair Winds,
Chris Burti
Commitment #867
Farmville, NC