[C320-list] Cutless Bearing Project

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 13:45:32 PST 2020

Jeff-

Not too late..   I did decide to break this up into two projects but I may
do them both before i splash the boat in the spring.  My bearing is
supposed to arrive later this week along with the gasket material for my
trapezoidal hatch lens which is a whole other project.  A couple of weeks
back I went down to the boat to attempt to see if I could get the prop nut
to budge with just a wrench, a two by four and my Propylene torch.  Just a
wrench was no bueno, and my torch head was leaking..so i had to get that
replaced, fortunately there is a lifetime warranty on those torch heads.
 After another week of research I ended up borrowing a buddies impact
wrench and a six point impact socket.   I hit the nut with maybe 15 seconds
of torch and then with the impact wrench.   Worked like a charm.    Now i
just need to get the bearing and line up the loaner tools.

Thanks for the link.

Troy
Hull #514