[C320-list] Hatches and Portlights and Deadlights...oh my...

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 05:48:58 PST 2020

All-

Thanks for the responses.  For some reason this whole thread went into the
spam folder?  It seems like google changed its algorithms and a lot more of
the forum posts end up in spam now. Sigh.

I think I'll stay away from VHB for deadlights.  Hadn't thought about the
beveling of the edges and possible UV issues.  A lot to think about there.

Jeff-

I ended up using a larger bosch 3/4" bit with significant anti-kickback
shoulders.  I also used a router table setup as opposed to hand held.
 When I saw your note I had an "oh crap" moment and went and unwrapped the
new lens. All is well; "phew".    One cautionary note.    The acrylic
becomes electro statically charged.  I literally got flocked while doing
this project as did half my workshop.    I have pictures up in the gallery
of the cutting phase of this project.   Waiting for the gasket and Dow 795
to arrive.

Cheers-

Troy