[C320-list] EV-200 Installation

Michael Paris mparis495 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 07:23:18 PST 2020

After experiencing the usual inconsistency and problems of the wheel drive system and the fact I solo sail often, I’ve convinced myself to upgrade to the EV-200 linear drive system. I’ve been looking at past discussions and following recent threads on the discussion board but I can’t find related articles and information elsewhere on our site. I understand there was a Mainsheet article a couple of years ago. Is that available?

I plan on doing the installation myself. I feel comfortable with the wiring but I’m looking for more on the mechanical aspect of the linear drive, tiller arm, rudder sensor, and rudder stops.

Mounting Plate bracket: Are the dimensions available?

Edson tiller arm:
Does it attach to the rudder post besides the clamp-like bolts? Does a hole need to be drilled in the rudder post?
The 10” arm is too long, what’s the best way to cut it to the necessary length?
Do I need to know the exact diameter of the rudder post when ordering?

Rudder sensor: For a mounting platform, I’ve seen aluminum, starboard, and wood. Any advice or experience on this?

Thanks to all in advance. This site is one more thing to be grateful for.

Sincerely,
Mike P
Long Beach, CA