[C320-list] EV-200 Installation

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Tue Nov 24 08:29:31 PST 2020

> Rudder sensor: For a mounting platform, I've seen aluminium,
> starboard, and wood. Any advice or experience on this?

There is not a lot of force involved with the rudder sensor.  My installation may look like Starboard but small bits of Starboard
are expensive and hard to get in Australia so I used a very thick nylon cutting board for mine.  See
https://c320.org/mediagallery/album.php?aid=10&sort=0&page=1 for drawings and a photo.  The transducer itself is mounted on a disc
cut out from one of the arms, which is in turn mounted on a short section of PVC pipe.  It is all held in place on the arm with a
long countersunk screw through the disc, down the centre of the pipe, threw the arm and finished with a washer and locknut.

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141