[C320-list] Trapezoidal Hatch Lens Replacement

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 08:56:04 PST 2020

That is correct, some of the older hulls have a 1/4 lens which is too
thin.  Not only are these lenses more likely to give, but it is almost a
certainty that they will flex enough to eventually break the sealant bond
at the edges.  Once that happens, no amount of fidgeting with the gasket
will stem the leak.

Fortunately Hull #514 has the 3/8 lens frame.   It is an easy matter to
remove one of the hatch dogs and measure the thickness of your lens through
the hole.   I suspect the beveled edge 3/8” retrofits work great.   I would
purchase those as opposed to making them since I'm not sure how they get
that bevel polished without flame treating the edge which would weaken the
acrylic.  If you are only replacing the lens and not building your own
lens, follow Christian's instructions.   Those are perfect.

Troy