[C320-list] Fuel Gauge Inaccurate

Ian Neale kiwineales at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 28 10:50:53 PST 2020

Hi,

I was wondering if other C320 owners have issues with Fuel gauge inaccuracy.

Although I have once seen the gauge come off the hard stop showing the tank full, it is otherwise always showing full.

The one time it dropped to 2/3 full it needed at least 35 liters to fill it meaning it was in fact 1/2 empty. I have put as much as 25 liters in while the gauge is still showing full.

Is this typical and what can be done to improve the accuracy of the gauge?

While on the subject of the fuel tank, I have noticed that when filling the tank I often get a small amount of diesel spilling from the tank vent, what could be the cause of this?

Thanks, Ian Neale

Solutions Hull # 1122.

Sent from. my iPhone