[C320-list] Fuel Gauge Inaccurate

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 14:14:05 PST 2020

Diesel will come out of the vent as soon as the tank is full if you are
using a high speed pump.   You are essentially entraining air and creating
a frothy mixture that comes racing up that vent tube.   We slow down and
listen for a pitch change, as soon as we hear the pitch change we stop
fueling.   With an engine that burns less than 0.5 gallons per hour at
cruise we don't find ourselves fueling that often.

Another cause of your problem could be putting in liters instead of
gallons.  We only put in gallons and that seems to work out fine.  (kidding)

Cheers

Troy Dunn
Hull #514