[C320-list] Keel bolt tension

Charles Holbrook charlesholbrook at ymail.com
Mon Nov 30 04:23:43 PST 2020

 David:
When I bought my boat 6 years ago it was in the cradle.  The first thing I did before launching  was to tighten the keel bolts.  I did not loosen or lubricate as I thought that might just cause trouble down the road.  I borrowed a torque wrench from my local auto repair shop and torqued the bolts to 235ft/lbs.  Sorry, I don't remember where I got the torque specs.  Just google bolt torque specs and you will find a whole menu of specifications for reference.  All bolts were tight but one and that one took 1/8th of a turn to tighten.  No keel bolt issues since we have owned the boat.