[C320-list] Keel bolt tension

David Hayes davidhayes1 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 19:39:13 PST 2020

Hi all,

I have seen a few comments regarding the appropriate tension for keel bolts, but perhaps not a definitive clarification, so would appreciate any help to confirm what this should be.

I have a 2006 boat with I think 1-inch bolts; don't necessarily think they are loose but am putting the boat up on the hard stand to do antifoul shortly and wondered if I should at least check the keel bolts while I'm at it.

I did see someone suggesting they may be hard to check without loosening, cleaning, lubricating and re-tensioning.....not sure if this is warranted or the only way to check all is ok?

Any thoughts appreciated.