[C320-list] Perkins M30 Injection Pump

Douglas Nortell dnortell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:14:09 PDT 2020

Hi Bob,
Bleed the injectors one at a time with the lift pump. Once that's done I
start the engine and bleed the injectors while the engine is running being
careful not to crack the injector line nut too far open because of the
pressure. I try and avoid cranking the engine with the fuel off because of
the water collecting in the wet exhaust tank.
Check the Volvo 2030 manual it's a free down load. The Perkins block was
used by a number of manufacturers.
I bought an injector socket online for about $17 and you'll need a
torque wrench. Be careful removing the pin that holds the fuel shut off arm
under the lip of the injector pump. Needle nose pliers are a must.
Adjust the valves as well. My crank pulley didn't have the second timing
mark so I calculated the angle (about 272 Degrees CCW I'm guessing) and
then cut a string the exact length and transferred that to the pulley.
Worked great.
I will be back at our boat in a few days where my manuals are let me know
if I can get you any other info.
Doug
94 #38