[C320-list] Deck light LED replacement for halogen?

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:39:02 PDT 2020

Doug,
In October of 2017 I ordered a LED deck light from CatalinaDirect.  Though
the LED light is dimmer than the halogen, I liked that it didn't attract as
many bugs, and was still plenty of light when night sailing (both for deck
and illumunating sails for better visibility).  Unfortunately, CD doesn't
seem to have the part on their site any more, but most of the lights that
CD offered were DrLED lights.  You might try contacting CD and inquiring
about the LED light they used to sell, see if they can provide a
reference.  The part from my invoice was listed as:

LED Upgrade Navigation Aqua Signal Steaming/ Deck Light Combo (#Z3519): 1
Item Total: $26.99

Unfortunately, I think my light was damaged in high winds where we had
trouble bringing in the jib and it was luffing excessively against the
mast.  If you find anything out about this light from CD, please share as I
will be looking for a replacement too.

Christian Caperton
1994 C320 "Canuck" #138 Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL