[C320-list] Battery charger

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Thu Oct 29 05:48:57 PDT 2020

> I have an 1995 c-320 with (I presume) the original charger.
> My FloatHub monitor shows that it is currently charging
>
> Battery 1:13.75 V
> Battery 2: 13.68V
>
> I seem to recall the voltage should be over 14V?  The boat
> has been in the slip for 4 days so this should be steady
> state I guess.  I am not sure of the accuracy of FloatHub's
> measurement given that I am monitoring at the control panel
> next to the analogue voltmeter so some way from the batteries.
>
> Do you see any warning signs?

Assuming wet cell batteries, if they have been on charge for four days they should be fully charged and definitely be at a float
charge setting NOT a boost charge of over 14 volts.  Ideally they should be being charged between 13.5 and 13.8 volts.  Refer to
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_the_lead_acid_battery

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141