[C320-list] Dinghy Outboards - Electic or Gas ?

Greg Flanagan greg.flanagan at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 6 11:51:03 PDT 2020

Frank, a very good question when refurbishing your dinghy plan. I bought the Torqueedo when I needed to replace my dinghy. My old one was a 9ft Titan that weighed 154 lbs. which was like the 6HP Yamaha engine was hard to toss around. So I bought an AB Lammina ultra light aluminum 9ft (4 person) tender that weighs less than half—75lbs. Likely easier to push with the Torqueedo electric. I can get it plane at 4.5 knots.  However, four of my club colleagues also have the Torqueedo with various tenders.

Greg
HoopDancer #1076