[C320-list] Cabin sole subflooring

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:24:25 PDT 2020

David-

Couple of thoughts.  Can you use low quality home store plywood and seal it
with epoxy?   Yes, but I wouldn't personally recommend it.  Not when there
are other reasonably priced alternatives out there.   My current favorite
happens to be MDO (Medium Density Overlay).   It is used for outdoor
signage, is perfectly flat, has low void content, etc.   I would still put
a coat of epoxy on the back and sides, but...that might be overkill.   You
can generally order MDO from Lowes/HD, but the staff is often unaware of
what it is...go in armed with a SKU.

FWIW

Troy Dunn
Hull #514