[C320-list] Freshwater pump question

Fishbust fishbuster62 at att.net
Sat Sep 12 10:05:06 PDT 2020

Hi all.

I have a 3.0 pump. Works fine but I want to reduce the cycling ‘chatter’ when faucet at low flow and reduce noise at night.

I can buy a shurflo 4.0 pump with bypass that is supposed to be the cure per the advertisement but I read problematic reviews online with excessive run-on and overheating. From this reading I cannot determine if those pumps are problematic or if owners are not adjusting the bypass correctly or even aware that an adjustment may be needed.

Anyone have first hand experience with this type of pump or is it better to just add an accumulator to my system?

Joe