[C320-list] New Issue--Replace the hose between the exhaust mixing elbow & muffler

Charles Martin chiprmartin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 11:43:00 PDT 2020

When my daughter was flushing the heat exchanger on my Yanmar 3GM30F
yesterday (yeah I got her trained good), she noticed some cracks on the
hose coming from the exhaust mixing elbow and going to the muffler.  This
hose is a tough, 2" diameter, wire reinforced brute that was a bear to get
off.  I found the exact same hose at a local West Marine, but when I tried
to install it, I just can't force the hose over the  lip on the exit side
of the exhaust mixing elbow.  I tried a bit of soap to lubricate the hose,
but the lip is a bit bigger than the 2" inside diameter of the hose, and it
just won't go over the lip.  Any suggestions?  Is there such a thing as a
hose stretcher to widen the ID just a bit?

Best,
Chip Martin
Bonaventure--Sail #767--year 2000 build
(410) 231-0199