[C320-list] More on Speed Seal

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Tue Sep 22 07:40:24 PDT 2020

I took apart my Westerbeke raw water pump this past weekend and in the process replaced the brass (bronze?) and Teflon disks.  When I purchased my Speed Seal they sent me a spare set.  Before installing the new ones I made measurements in the event that I might want to try to have them machined.  For the record they are the same size.  Each one has an outer diameter of 1-19/32”.  The hole in the middle is 29/64” diameter.  They are 5/64” thick.   I cleaned up the old parts and they appear usable and I will be saving them if needed.  None the less I thought I would report my findings.   The Perkins and Yanmar probably have different dimensions.

Larry

WindSwept

C320 #246