[C320-list] Pre-Purchase Survey Recommendations - Need Advice

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Tue Sep 22 11:58:54 PDT 2020

I agree. My boat is also of similar vintage (older by a year) but I'd be
surprised if a survey turned up anything close to that much required
work. Sorry I can't provide cost estimates, but my boat hasn't had most
of those problems, and to the extent that it has, I've usually fixed
things myself. The list may be indicative of significant neglect.
Substantial interior leaks often indicate a combination of hard sailing
(lots of sailing in big seas that stresses joints and seals) and poor
maintenance. On the other hand, surveyors are paid to find problems and
sometimes go overboard. Make sure you agree that all of this needs to be
done.

Scott Thompson
"Surprise" #653 (1999)

--